Have you ever desired to control your Smart TV but you could not find the remote? Have you felt frustrated? Well, thanks to Amazon Alexa you no longer have this problem. But even though the problem is no more people often ask themselves how to connect Alexa to their tv?
Alexa Smart TV connection is notorious for having issues or people having difficulties finishing the procedure that’s why we have compiled a Short Guide on how to connect your Echo Device with you Smart TV.
HOW TO CONNECT ALEXA TO SMART TV
First, you need to find out what Smart TV you have, be it Samsung, LG, Sony, Philips, or others, Because some of them have Alexa built-in. If your TV is older (but not dumb) you have to connect the Alexa app in your Smartphone to your Smart TV.
For example, if you want to connect Alexa to Samsung TV:
- Connect your Samsung TV to SmartThings app on IOS or Android
- Connect Alexa app (iOS, Android ) to Smart Things
- Control your TV via your Echo Device
HOW TO CONTROL Your TV With ALEXA
If you have completed the steps above then you should have no trouble controlling your TV.
Here is a list of Alexa Commands for Samsung Smart TV.
- “Alexa, turn on living room TV”
- “Alexa, turn off living room TV”
- “Alexa, change channel to 91 on living room TV”
- “Alexa, next channel on living room TV”
- “Alexa, channel up/down on living room TV”
- “Alexa, change the input to HDMI1”
- “Alexa, change the input to Xbox”
- “Alexa, fast forward/rewind on living room TV”
- “Alexa, next song/video/photo on living room TV”
- “Alexa, go forward/back on living room TV”
- “Alexa, play/pause/resume/stop living room TV”
TV FANS NO LONGER NEED TO SEARCH FOR THEIR REMOTE
There is no doubt that controlling your TV via voice is a fantastic commodity for many people. Especially in low light situations where finding the remote is near but impossible. There are also a lot of other functions as mentioned above, which can be useful in situations where you are doing something else.
The TV brands have seen this rising trend and are now integrating Alexa inside the TV themselves. In this way they are making it an easier and less buggy process.
Watching TV has never been better, now you are the master of it.