When you use Amazon Alexa daily, probably one of the most used Alexa commands are those regarding Alexa alarm clock commands. And the best is the fact that it can be used from any Amazon Alexa compatible device.
There are various ways of setting up an alarm with Amazon Alexa using your voice. In this article, we are going to show you them and some of the Alexa alarm clock commands.
How to set up a daily alarm using the Amazon Alexa alarm clock?
If your daily routine requires you to wake up at a certain time every day and you already have an Amazon Echo device in your bedroom, the problem is solved. All you need is to use the Alexa alarm clock feature and have the alarm ring at the same time every day you need it.
Asking Alexa to set up an alarm with voice commands.
Using your voice to set an alarm can be done with different requests:
- “Alexa, set an alarm for 7 am every Monday.”
- “Alexa, set an alarm for 7 am every day.”
- “Alexa, set an alarm for tomorrow at 7 am.”
Setting up an alarm from the Alexa app
If you want to create an alarm and having the possibility to add more details, you can do it from the Alexa app:
- First, open the Alexa app and go to the “More” menu ☰.
- Now find and select the “Alarms & Timers” option.
- Here tap the plus icon at the top right, to add a new one (+).
- Now add the time for the alarm.
- Add the device from where you want to hear it.
- Modify the Repeat option, the date, and the alarm sound.
- All you need to do now is to tap “Save” and the alarm is set.
How to add your favorite music to your Alexa alarm clock?
In case of the sounds preloaded by Amazon are not quite enjoyable to listen to as the first thing in the morning, there is another solution. You can ask Alexa to set a music alarm.
First, you need to have already enabled a default music provider like Amazon Music, Spotify, or Pandora. Also, consider that you can use a radio station in the same way.
Enabling a music provider from the Alexa app
To enable the providers you already use or new ones:
- Open the Alexa app and tap the “Play” button at the bottom.
- Find and select “MANAGE YOUR SERVICES”.
- Here you can add new services from the “Link New Service” button.
You will find different services available. Some of them are Amazon Music, Spotify, Deezer, SiriusXM, TIDAL, VEVO, etc. There are also different radio services like TuneIn, iHeart Radio, and Pandora.
Setting an Alexa music alarm with your voice
Unfortunately, from the “Alarms & Timers” menu, you cannot set a music alarm. This is why you can use only voice commands. Some of them are as follows:
- “Alexa, wake me up tomorrow at 8 am to music.”
- “Alexa, wake me up to (song, artist, playlist, genre, etc) at 7 am.”
- “Alexa, set an alarm to Imagine Dragons”.
- “Alexa, wake me up to (radio station name) on (TuneIn, iHeartRadio) at 8 am.”.
- “Alexa, set an alarm to (song, artist, playlist, genre, etc) tomorrow at 7 am.”.
As seen above, there are countless ways to set an alarm with Amazon Alexa. However, there are some other commands you might find helpful:
- “Alexa, snooze the alarm”
- “Alexa, stop the bedroom alarm”
- “Alexa, cancel the 7 AM alarm!”
- “Alexa, alarm status”
- “Alexa, set a sleep timer for four hours,”
Just like with alarms, you can modify the setting of your Amazon Alexa account, to adapt it to your liking. You don’t need to limit yourself just with the Amazon Alexa alarm clock