When you have ahead a busy schedule or you need reminders to follow up, the Amazon Alexa calendar Skill can help you. With it, you can synchronize your calendar with Amazon Alexa and receive notifications about upcoming events and reminders.
When you connect your calendar with the Amazon Alexa calendar, you can receive notifications about upcoming events, appointments, and online meetings you have scheduled.
Amazon Alexa calendar setup and adding a new account
Adding a new account to your Alexa calendar Skill
To add a new account requires you to do a few steps from the Alexa app:
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Now go to the main Menu ☰.
- Find and select Settings.
- Scroll down and tap the “Calendar & Email” option.
- Now select “Accounts”.
- Tap the “Add Account” button with the plus icon on the side (+).
- Here you can choose the calendar service you want to add based on your provider.
Once you have chosen the calendar service, enter the email account you want to add and confirm the account-linking.
Completing your amazon Alexa calendar setup
Once you have added the new calendar account, you can decide what notifications Alexa sends you from that specific calendar.
As mentioned above, you will need to do it from the Alexa app:
- Go again to the “Calendar & Email” menu. From the options available, you can modify different notifications
- Selecting the “Calendar notifications” you can choose from which account you receive notifications.
- You can also change from which device it announces and turn on/off the “Do Not Disturb” option.
- If you go again to the “Accounts” option and select a specific email, you can control other notifications.
- Here you can turn on/off Email notifications, Birthdays, Holidays, and Signature.
Voice commands you can use with your Amazon Alexa calendar feature
Once you have set up the notifications Alexa sends you from your calendar service, you will also need to use voice commands to manage it easily.
Some of the voice commands you can use with the calendar skill after calling Alexa, are:
- “What’s on my calendar?”
- “When is my next event?”
- “Add an event to my calendar.”
- “Delete [name of the event] from my calendar.”
- “Delete my [event time or date] event.”
- “Move [event name] to [new time & date].”
Once you get the hang of it, the Alexa calendar skill can help you become more organized. And all of it just by using your voice.